Benefits of Lentils:
Lentils are Low in calories (helpful for weight loss) and high in nutrition. It helps to reduces your risk of heart disease and prevent constipation. Stabilizes Blood Sugar levels and especially helpful for those with diabetes, insulin resistance or hypoglycemia. They are made up of over 25% protein, which makes them an excellent meat alternative. They’re also a great source of iron and a mineral that is sometimes lacking in vegetarian diets. Lentils are high in fiber, which supports regular bowel movements and the growth of healthy gut bacteria. Eating lentils can increase your stool weight and improve your overall gut function.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, stemmed, and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup dry adzuki beans( Red peanuts), soaked overnight
- 1 quart vegetables(which are cooked)
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/3 cup mung beans
- 1/2 cup half-and-half*
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Soak lentils overnight or until it is tender.
- Set the instant pot in the saute mode.
- Put 2 tablespoon of cooking oil and onion, saute until onion becomes translucent.
- Grated ginger & garlic and add into the mixture, cook until it is fragrant.
- Make tomato puree and add it to the mixture, saute until it thickens.
- Now add red chili powder, coriander powder and cook for 30 seconds. Cautious the ground spices should not get burnt.
- Add the soaked beans and water to boil the stuff and cook well.
- Simmer the Stove and cook for 15 minutes. you can off the stove after 15 minutes.
- And wait for 20 minutes to allow the pressure to release.
- Open the lid, crush half of the lentil with the spoon gently.
- Add the salt accordingly and test the taste.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro or Coriander and serve hot.